NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Found an intersting shop.

kriss13

Would ALWAYS recommend buyer beware. Although, my wife is Indonesian and paying for goods online by bank transfer is standard practice in Indonesia. Again, buyer beware but it could be legit.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorry - didn't see the above post!!

As I said, buyer beware :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Not a worry, somebody posted on a different forum that they had lost over 2000 quid with an order from them.

A good place to check dodgy sites is scamadviser.

They have a few choice bits of info about the way the site is run.

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/www.sale-telescopes.com

Come on, there's more to life than scouring the net for the cheapest price. Buy from someone whom you'd like to see make a living. Someone you know exists and who provides a service. I never buy on price with astronomical kit. I buy on straightness of product description, returns policy, reliability of 'is it in stock' answers and returns policy. Plus returns policy. We know who the good guys are. 

Olly

Maybe it would be safer to do a personal visit.

I just got Google map directions from my house in Cheshire...only 9,614 miles door to door.

The journey would take 243 hours, so it would be a bit disappointing if I arrived and they didn't have what I want in stock :huh:  .

Maybe I'll stick with FLO  :grin:  !

This SCAM!!! popped up down here a while ago and some of our friends at 'Sing Astro' ( Singapore's amateure astronomy web site ) went to their so called warehouse and guess what ??? ,,, it does not exist , steer clear as said ' if it looks to good to be true , it probably is ' .

They don't know what a Dob is , and a lot or the gear they are selling is no longer made , by many years .

DONT TOUCH !!! save your money and buy local .

Just for a lark open their main page and open the 'Dall-Kirkham' link in Telescopes .

Now google 'Anacortes Telescopes' a well respected USA supplier and open their 'Dall-Kirkham' link .

You can see where these SCAMMERS!! got their info , and if Anacortes cant beat these robbers , no-one can .

Brian

Archived