Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A decent Ha Sun from 11-Nov (finally)

Olorin

This morning I decide to go slow and easy and re-tried a 2 pane full disk.

I arranged myself a good setup where I could actually see my screen (under a blanket) but can still reach the focuser and adjust it.

I think I finally managed a decent solar disk.

I then proceeded to a 16 pane mosaic with a 2x barlow and I am still in the processing phase of it.

Please let me know you thoughts and how to improve (more panes via a 2x barlow is the next goal for me).

For the tif image use the flicker link below.

post-13200-0-46905400-1384202013_thumb.j

Thanks

Dror

thanks everyone, here is the 16 panes downsized to 66%, I must say it is much better and the Newton ring are almost gone

The full image is in my Flicker account.

I would like to say thank you to many members here for their great advise and also to Houston Haynes for his solar you tube tutorials they were great help, THANKS.

Dror

thanks everyone, here is the 16 panes downsized to 66%, I must say it is much better and the Newton ring are almost gone

The full image is in my Flicker account.

I would like to say thank you to many members here for their great advise and also to Houston Haynes for his solar you tube tutorials they were great help, THANKS.

post-13200-0-73077000-1384247260_thumb.j

Dror

thanks a lot everyone for the kind words.

@Michael - I am using a Coronado SolarMax II 60mm

@Nick - yep these are Newton rings, the reason for not having them in the second picture is due to the usage of a longer focal length and smaller panes (16 overall)

@Robin - thanks the blending was done with photoshop (Automerge) since Auto Stitch is only doing jpgs I decide to try this method (as explained by Houston Hayens you tube tutorials)

Thanks again

Dror

Archived