Jupiter Nov 4th Io transit repro

Space Cowboy

Think you have pulled out a lot on the first image. Some good detail in there. I like the detail, versus the natural second shot. Both good but in there own ways. Colour and levels good too. Gone are the days where I complained about dimness. Though to be fair that is rather a matter of personal taste. Ive noticed a top imager processing on the dim side. And they do look amazing. But I do like the vibrant balance personally.

Thanks for your generous comments guys!

Still not happy with the mono red combo shot looking over cooked making the limb artifact stick out like a sore thumb. Need a happy medium and at the moment when I use less wavelets I'm getting something too soft. Maybe I've over estimated the seeing and rather than good it was only average. The mono red being that much more sensitive has thrown me a little. Too used to processing softer OSC images lol

Thanks for your generous comments guys!

Still not happy with the mono red combo shot looking over cooked making the limb artifact stick out like a sore thumb. Need a happy medium and at the moment when I use less wavelets I'm getting something too soft. Maybe I've over estimated the seeing and rather than good it was only average. The mono red being that much more sensitive has thrown me a little. Too used to processing softer OSC images lol

Don't forget, you haven't had a proper crack for sometime. So Jupiter will have improved a lot. perhaps making seeing judgments more confusing. Yes your  likely right,  getting that happy medium can sometimes be elusive for a bit. It  often is with me too.

You are probably right Neil it takes a while get your eye in. My gut feeling while capturing was for average seeing as focusing was not straight forward which it should be in good seeing but when I put the mono red through wavelets the detail hit me between the eyes and I thought  seeing was better than I first anticipated.

Archived