Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC253

MeyGray3833

After a lot of issues and bad weather over the last few months, it was nice to actually finish this one. I'm not that good at galaxies and inded my scope is not really geared for them either.

I'm still not sure on the colour and I did saturate it a bit as it looked too washed out.

http://www.pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/146017157/large

Details with the image and press original at the botom for a larger view.

Cheers and clears. :smiley:

I rather like that - Nice colours in the galaxy.

I notice that it's taken with a TOA120 - Did you use a reducer at all? Is that at f8?

Hi Swag, thanks for the comment. You have been producing some good work, too! The TSA120 has a native focal lenght of 7.5 and I used a flattener designed for the TOA130 and the TSA120 (TOA-35 Flattener) with the 2.7" focuser which makes the package 7.3. The image is at normal resolution with some cropping for two different cameras with the same 8300 chip and reduced to a 1500 wide jpeg for the web. I can post a full size frame if you like?  :smiley:

Excellent image - I like good colour saturation :police:

Howdy nytecam, yep, gotta love modern processing, it is allowing so much freedom especially on the art side of DSO image processing.  :grin:

Wow !

If someone had shown me that and asked me to guess the imager and scope I would have said Ken Crawford and the 20" RC.

Awesome, as they say :) A fine advert for the scope and it could give people ideas !

Dave.

Hi Coco, cheers for the comment, I'm glad you enjoyed the view.

Davew, thank you for conmmenting. Some days I wish I was Ken Crawford and did have a 20"RC, imagine what I could do with that!

Hi Swag, I will put a full res image up wen I get home tonight from work. Ideas are good!!

Thanks also to laser_jock99 and Delboy_Hog for like this post as well.

Cheers and clears.

Archived