Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good laugh at kielder for the first WADAS event.

Skies were not kind to us until 4am as Paul says but we tried to make the best of it. Lots of humidity though after all that rain and wet clothing.

On our way home now with plenty of clear skies as usual. Everyone is tired as is the case after these types of events.

All in all good weekend.

Just home after a cuppa and chat with Soupy, transferred all my gear from one car to the other.

Was great company and apart from the weather was a great weekend and well worth the effort from everyone.

Thank you to our host for the opportunity to view the dark skies up there.

It's been a long day but one which everyone will agree has been rewarding. Think everyone will be tired but have I laughed.

Damian

Wafting excellence!

I notice you have not put on the vid of you picking up a hot bbq by giving your finger a quick lick first! You know that stereo type about the Irish?????????

Brilliant weekend, even if the moisture robbed typical "kielder skies" of their excellence. But saw plenty of FFB's and some cracking meteors. Brilliant company as always and a big thanks to soupy for making us so welcome.

Hi all, me and Jim just wanted to say thanks for a cracking weekend. I haven't laughed like that for ages! Loving your photos Nick.

(Yes, I finally joined and got sorted)

Yey! I wondered what the photo's were that Nick had taken. I know now it was the SGL initiation ceremony!

Archived