NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just spotted I won't be at the next meeting due to work. Gutted that I will miss Gains talk about Sir Patrick Moore

Nooooo! That's no good - will you be able to make it for the curry after, or are you on nights?

You'll need to pass your heckling notes on to Soupy before the night lol - bet you are gutted though :(

Well, it's been great being back on my usual hours today - finished work for 11.30am and back home for a spot of lunch by 12 noon.

It's a beautiful day - think I might get the 80mm frac out after lunch and fo a bit of solar viewing whilst I've chance.

Might even have a go with the CCD to see what I get :)

Wish I'd finished work I'd do the same. Suppose I could take my small frac to work and do its at dinner time. Shame u won't be at next meeting Damian I think it will be a good talk

Mark

Nooooo! That's no good - will you be able to make it for the curry after, or are you on nights?

You'll need to pass your heckling notes on to Soupy before the night lol - bet you are gutted though :(

Well, it's been great being back on my usual hours today - finished work for 11.30am and back home for a spot of lunch by 12 noon.

It's a beautiful day - think I might get the 80mm frac out after lunch and fo a bit of solar viewing whilst I've chance.

Might even have a go with the CCD to see what I get :)

Unfortunately I'll miss both as your right it's night's for me.

shame I'll miss it as I'm sure Gain will be an impressive speaker

Great photos again Vicky

Unfortunately I'll miss both as your right it's night's for me.

shame I'll miss it as I'm sure Gain will be an impressive speaker

Great photos again Vicky

Thank you Damian :) Gain's talk will be excellent, and very entertaining too, I'm sure lol

Hmmm, not happy that you are going to miss the meal - who's going to finish my curry......? ;)

Thank you Damian :) Gain's talk will be excellent, and very entertaining too, I'm sure lol

Hmmm, not happy that you are going to miss the meal - who's going to finish my curry......? ;)

Ha ha I guess the resident black hole won't be in the vicinity

I may do a little constellation spotting later as I'm off tomorrow

Ha ha I guess the resident black hole won't be in the vicinity

I may do a little constellation spotting later as I'm off tomorrow

I'm going to have an hour later, and then call it a day after the ISS pass at 11.38pm. Got an early start again at work, but it is Friday!

Plus, it looks like the clouds are going to come in ready for the weekend, so we might as well get an astro-fix whilst we can ;)

Nice imagers Vicky well done Mark

Thanks Mark - I was pleased with them to say they are single shot images through the ND5.0 visual solar film as opposed to the ND3.8 imaging film.

Might treat myself to some ND3.8 for doing solar imaging work as it will allow a bit more detail - plus I can make a filter for the 8SE too :)

It's proved very useful to keep that film on the cap of my 80mm refractor!

Thanks Mark - I was pleased with them to say they are single shot images through the ND5.0 visual solar film as opposed to the ND3.8 imaging film.

Might treat myself to some ND3.8 for doing solar imaging work as it will allow a bit more detail - plus I can make a filter for the 8SE too :)

It's proved very useful to keep that film on the cap of my 80mm refractor!

I left it on mine also and iv used it quite a few times since the eclipse. Iv also made a sola mask for my 127 Mac but I would like to try a Herschel wedge to see the difference and think about getting one [emoji3]

Mark

Plus, it looks like the clouds are going to come in ready for the weekend, so we might as well get an astro-fix whilst we can ;)

Looks like they've already got here over my way

I left it on mine also and iv used it quite a few times since the eclipse. Iv also made a sola mask for my 127 Mac but I would like to try a Herschel wedge to see the difference and think about getting one [emoji3] Mark

I have a feeling that Matt Gough has a Herschel Wedge, although I may be mistaken. It might be worth asking him what it's like :)

on radio Leeds morning programme, they do a in depth weather forecast at 7.20am and 8.20ish every weekday morning,  they usually mention if the nights weather is likely to be good for 'stargazing'  today the comment was you wont be stargazing,  they are usually right

Yes, I own a Lunt 1.25" Herschel Wedge. Not really used it much yet, mainly because it wouldn't reach imaging focus with the stock focuser on the ED80. Now that I have the Moonlite focuser on there, it might be worth having another go with it. Maybe this weekend if I find the time between all the DIY & gardening.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yes, I own a Lunt 1.25" Herschel Wedge. Not really used it much yet, mainly because it wouldn't reach imaging focus with the stock focuser on the ED80. Now that I have the Moonlite focuser on there, it might be worth having another go with it. Maybe this weekend if I find the time between all the DIY & gardening.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Can u give a report on it please Matt and what the difference is between that and a sola filter. It would be appreciated thanks [emoji106]

I might actually be able to come along to Gains talk - just trying to rearrange the quarter 1 account review so i can make it back in time.

If the boss knew why i was pushing to rearrange, he'd go nuts  :grin:

Archived