NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same goes for me too Vicky will be loading up my caravan to night and I'm off first thing 7 days r&r. What about you are u off any wear or stoping at home ? [emoji2]

Mark

SNAP!

just finished loading the caravan and cant wait to escape tomorrow morning for 7 days. Where are you going in the 'tin villa'?

SNAP!

just finished loading the caravan and cant wait to escape tomorrow morning for 7 days. Where are you going in the 'tin villa'?

We're off to Cheshire/ North Wales going to do Liverpool, Chester, Jodrell Bank and all the places in Wales that are too hard to spell and say [emoji1] were are u heading off to ??

Mark

We're off to Cheshire/ North Wales going to do Liverpool, Chester, Jodrell Bank and all the places in Wales that are too hard to spell and say [emoji1] were are u heading off to ??

Mark

Spending a few days at Clumber then the rest of the week near buxton

Spending a few days at Clumber then the rest of the week near buxton

Not been to Clumber in years not since ccc had to give there site back to the park. That was a good quiet site

Mark

nice clear sky here,  venus moon and Jupiter making a triangle to the north west ish, shame I don't have a lens wide enough to image it, it will fit in the 18-55mm but its not fast enough to do it without over exposing

Well caught Vicky, the comet Is still showing some signs of fuzziness :)

Nice surprise to get some viewing in when you don't expect it!

Yes, I've had a great hour or so in the back garden. Had a quick go with the CCD on the 80mm refractor as I couldn't be bothered setting up the big scope, then just had some time with the DSLR on the tripod to try to catch that elusive Lovejoy (and succeeded). Couldn't see it naked eye though - it only came through in the image :)

You've done well to get it then.

I've been to Poulton Le Fylde to pick up the new 12.5" dob! Clear over there so I gave it a quick test on the Moon. Needs a good sorting out in terms of collimination and a few screws tightening up etc. but the optics seem very good. Gonna have to give it a good fettling when I get I come back from Kielder then it will be first light! It only just fits in the Yeti! ;)

You've done well to get it then.

I've been to Poulton Le Fylde to pick up the new 12.5" dob! Clear over there so I gave it a quick test on the Moon. Needs a good sorting out in terms of collimination and a few screws tightening up etc. but the optics seem very good. Gonna have to give it a good fettling when I get I come back from Kielder then it will be first light! It only just fits in the Yeti! ;)

LOL I just had to Google Poulton Le Fylde to even see where it is! Sounds like a bit of a beast at 12.5 inches! Don't know what you are going to do with all these scopes, unless you are opening a shop up at Kielder or putting them out to lease lol.

Have a great time up there - are you going for the full week?

I'm hoping for some clear evenings whilst I am off work this week as I haven't got that pesky alarm clock going off at silly o'clock :)

Gonna hopefully make some suitcase dobs with them, but might have to just keep the new one for myself once I get it sorted ;)

Up for the week yes going today hopefully once I get the truck packed.

Will keep an eye on the skies over the coming week as once we get into June apart from planets and the moon it will be just too bright

Indeed Damian. Two more weeks at most to finish DSO observing then it's brighter objects only for a good 6-8 weeks. But just remember the Perseids are due in August just right about when we get back to getting some longer darker skies. :)

Have had the dob out today aligning the finder with the main scope, lots of loose screws with even the secondary needing tightening up. Have done what I can today just setting off for Kielder in the next hour, so might come back down earlier so I can get it sorted for next weekend.

Next Saturday is society observing night, must keep an eye on the weather.

Archived