NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link Dolfin (sorry, I think I have missed your name). I'll have a look at that later when I'm home. Projection eyepieces - that's the one - thanks Soupy. I am at a family 40th this evening, so probably won't make Winscarr unless we are back early (and I have stayed off the beer lol). Hope it stops clear for anyone heading out later :)

Hi guys,  Thanks for the welcome. My name is Martin , I have been following your posts as a guest for a while and as I knew something about projection eyepieces I thought I would join this great website and put the link on for the eyepiece gaget and the very informative video on barlows (I never thought of putting one in place of the filter or using it with a t ring to attach it to a camera, I just used it as it was to give me twice the focal length. I have also been following Mapsters epic mirror fight on his telescope blog. Fantastic Mapster keep at it you know you will win in the end. I would like to know how to put my astro gear on the end of my posts if someone can tell me please. I will put a photo of my telescope and mount on soon.

Hi guys, Thanks for the welcome. My name is Martin , I have been following your posts as a guest for a while and as I knew something about projection eyepieces I thought I would join this great website and put the link on for the eyepiece gaget and the very informative video on barlows (I never thought of putting one in place of the filter or using it with a t ring to attach it to a camera, I just used it as it was to give me twice the focal length. I have also been following Mapsters epic mirror fight on his telescope blog. Fantastic Mapster keep at it you know you will win in the end. I would like to know how to put my astro gear on the end of my posts if someone can tell me please. I will put a photo of my telescope and mount on soon.

Hi Martin and welcome, glad you have decided to post and join such a great group of people.

Many thanks on the compliment and support on my epic journey.

You will probably already know we're a helpful down to earth (so to speak)bunch

To attach your gear list you need to go on the desk top site and click the down arrow next to your name at the top right of the screen.

You will then see a few options in a drop down box you want the settings one.

Once you click this it will take you to the set up screen and then you select signature on the left.

Fill in up to five lines in the text box and then save

Hope that helps

Damian

Hi Martin and welcome to our wonderful group. I hope you'll feel welcome to get involved with our chat and hopefully we'll see you at one of our upcoming meetings. Check out our website for information on meeting and events. Thank you again for your link :)

Hi Guys    Vicky, you might want to take a look at this on youtube,   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENCbtFpdKJ0       It tells you how barlow lenses can be screwed on in place of the filter for a slightly less magnification and how they can be used with a T adapter to attach a dslr camera.

Just watched the video and had a cuppa, and I have learned so much in 15 minutes. I actually get it! My Barlow has the bit that screws off the bottom, so it turns out to be really versatile for 1.5 and 2 x magnification. Plus, I now know how to use it properly with my DSLR and standard EP's. Thank you Martin :)

cant make a trip out tonight, van is poorly and in garage,  so no transport :(

Welcome Martin, we are a friendly lot as has been said,

Am not certain but I think you need to have made 10 forum posts before you get access to adding the signature

Archived