Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon through scope.....

Caz

Checked the cloud coverage earlier this evening and caught sight of the moon, so I had my opportunity to see it for the first time through the scope since I bought it..... Through the 10mm eyepiece is was amazing, the craters were well defined, and I could sense the depth of them.

So for a pretty rushed peek of Lunar, it was well worth it... :thumbleft:

Its just making me more eager to take some pictures, I'm pulled between more eyepieces or the toucam.....decisions...decisions..... :scratch:

What eyepieces do you currently have?

Also, you are using a moon filter .... aren't you?

Steve

Caz,

Probably better to get your eyepieces/moon filter sorted first.  Then the niceties: Thermals, fingerless gloves, red-light-torch, chair ... that type of thing. 

Then think about imaging :clouds2:

Just my opinion,

Steve

I got a pair of gloves that are commonly available here, called "Magic Gloves." They look about the size of a five-year-old's gloves, but stretch to a full adult size when put on. They take the chill off a litttle, and I find I can do anything except change filters with them on. Also, they cost about 50 cents a pair, so if you drop them and trample them into the snow, it doesn't matter so much.

My brother got for Christams some fishing gloves from Argos... They are extremely warm and are rubber on the palm side (incuding the fingers and thumb). But these things are great - they have little slits in one of the fingers and the thumb so you can get the tips of your fingers out to do stuff and then get the finger/thumb back in the warm without taking the glove off...

If anyone wants the code I'll ask him - they were about £7 I think.

Ant

Archived