Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Scale of 12" dob...

Oooh...I see.

For a moment I thought John's dob was smaller than Moonshane's - then I realized Moonshane's is a 16"....phew!!! That's a relief :D

So the bottom line a 12" is not that big really.

How about carrying and moving it around? In my case from the front room, into the kitchen then the garden.

Skywatcher and Meade 12" dobs are somewhat heavier than Orion Optics ones but all can be moved around easily enough, on the level, in two sections. I'd not fancy going up and down stairs with one though.

Skywatcher and Meade 12" dobs are somewhat heavier than Orion Optics ones but all can be moved around easily enough, on the level, in two sections. I'd not fancy going up and down stairs with one though.

very true John. you are better carrying two so you are balanced :grin:

• Like 2

While I'm at it - I'm still concerned about how comfortable you're with a big 12" dob...granted I don't observe anything below 40-degree anyway....but when the eyepiece is high...can you reach comfortably while sitting on a adjustable stool - say - same size of an office chair?

Edited by emadmoussa