Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn

Caz

All evening I've promised to show my mum Saturn, and all night the skies have been cloudy, until that is about 20 minutes ago! So at 1.00am this morning, I got the scope out, regardless of cooling down period, and I got to show her Saturn and its moons..... :clouds2: Its made her day, its left her speechless, and anything that can render my mum speechless is always a bonus! It really is a wonderful sight. A great end to a great day..... :clouds2:

Jupiter is a giant in the eyepiece compared to Saturn ,the rings of saturn make it bigger of course , but to me Jupiter is something else , the storm band clearly seen and the GRS great red spot is visual as well , you seem to be able to whack up the power to and still get some lovely viewing, also the moons of Jupiter transit aross the globe in shadow form, the four main moons are clearly visible as well , so prepare yourself for some mind blowing views .

Rog

I did the same Caz on the first day that I got the scope last weekish - I got my Mum and my Wife and my brother- they all went loopy including me. Actually when I first saw it (which was by accident) apart from being blown away I was somewhat expecting to see the starship enterprise. !!!

Archived