Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dumbbell (Take 2)

Keener_7

Got some more practice in Friday night with my trusty Travelscope 70.. haha. I had another go at the Dumbbell and got a few more subs this time. Its not great but I produced something and it's an improvement over my first attempt at the dumbbell, so im happy.

Cannon 1000D, Travelscope 70, Advanced VX mount.

66 X 75s Lights

20 darks

20 Bias 

post-24036-0-34478000-1379265661_thumb.p

• 2 weeks later...

It's looking good.

I tried this target the other night. See my gallery for the final image processed. (It's not perfect but is a good comparison with yours)

We have similar kit

I had 8 x 180s lights

10 x darks

15 x bias

20 x flats

Try adding some Flats to your stacking pile. This will get rid of the vignetting you see in the shot.

Your stars look a little 'bloated'. I used Noel Carboni's actions toolset to help with controlling star bloat.

I think you have a good amount of data in your nebula.  :grin:

I would be very pleased with myself if I were you.

Keep it up.

D.C

Hi,

That is pretty good for an achro and a dslr, I guess if added a fringe killer filter it would cut the violet halos down quite a lot but then again the filter is probably more expensive than the scope.

Regards,

A.G

Hi,

That is pretty good for an achro and a dslr, I guess if added a fringe killer filter it would cut the violet halos down quite a lot but then again the filter is probably more expensive than the scope.

Regards,

A.G

I'm not going to bother buying any bits to try and correct to scope. I'm planing on buying a decent APO in the near future. I have pretty much decided on the scope but if I just spend $300 more I could get a "better" one and for another $300 "better" than that, it never ends... haha...

Archived