NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

An unexpected encounter with the sun

DrRobin

Hi,

Mrs DrRobin is on hols this week so I have to take our dog to work and that means no sneaking outside to look at the sun. However, Friday morning started crystal clear and it was too good an opportunity to miss, so I caught this [quick] 12 pane capture before going to work, whilst our dog happily amused herself in the back garden.

The seeing was very good and with virtually no wind, the 12 panes, plus one of the prom (won't stack, lappy runs out of memory?) only took 20 minutes.

Robin

Lunt 60 DS, 1.5x barlow, DMK41, AS!2, Autostitch, Paint.net

Sun-30-8-13-Auto-b.jpg

Sun-30-8-13-Auto-c.jpg

Very nice indeed. It's all looking rather exciting in Ha at the moment.

Took me a while to twig what was happening with the dog. I was wondering for a while if your wife didn't get on with the dog or something :) Then I realised that your wife must be on hols elsewhere, so there is no-one to look after the dog during the day. I really must get more sleep.

James

Thanks guys.

Yes the wife has abandoned me and the dog for the week, left us to our own devices. Pity, I didn't arrange the arrival of something large and expensive in the astronomy department to be delivered and squirreled away.

Robin

Me and the dog didn't get an invite, it was just the Mrs and her sister. I know I should have bought that big Lunt or something from the Isle of Man, whilst she was away, a missed opportunity.

Robin

Artistic differences and a disagreement about what is north and south of Newmarket soured the deal. Anyway we needed more than two people and the project failed to attract enough interest before the major backers decided to pull the plug.

Just joking Steve.

Robin

Archived