Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

There, I've done it! Waiting for a new scope.

So I finally placed an order for a SW Skyliner 300P Flextube, just a few minutes ago. Along with it a Telrad, Telrad dew shield and a 2" Telrad riser base. One of the smaller items is currently out of stock and expected to be able to be delivered in about a week or so. WHY DID I JUST GET SO NERVOUS!? Sorry for the caps. I guess I'm a tad bit excited right now. :grin:

Question: When it arrives and I've assembled it, can I please, please join the dob mob? Pretty please? It's my second dob (Heritage 130P was my first, but now sold, scope).

Although, selling the Heritage is a sin. It might stop him from joining the club.

Well, I sold this fine scope to a colleague and in the process got him hooked on astronomy. So this particular sin might be forgiven? :rolleyes:

Hmmm when I placed the order it wasn't supposed to ship until about a week due to one little item being out of stock. Got an email that is has shipped a while ago. Can't complain! Wooot! Happy, happy, happy me! lol :grin:

Good choice,was my last scope and got me all the measures.get it flocked and a better to focuser and you're in business

Mods and small upgrades will come in time. With a bit of luck the scope will arrive today (friday). Teleskop-Express shipped it yesterday afternoon and judging by the DHL tracking system it left Germany last night/evening.

well done on getting full membership of the dob mob...congrats on the new scope,something that large will give you years of pleasure.... :icon_salut:

Thank you! I'm sure I'll have lots of fun with this scope for quite some time. Didn't arrive yesterday as I had hope but it will most likely do that on monday. Massive cloud cover at the moment anyway so it doesn't matter really.

Hurrah !

you might find these useful, print out and put in a plastic sleeved A4 file for use,

http://www.atmob.org...aps_jsmall.html

Nick.

Thank you very much for that link. Bookmarked it and will print it out. Great addition to S&T Pocket Sky Atlas.

Nice one..welcome to Dobsville :D

Enjoy :)

Dobsville here I come! And thanks for the welcome!

Archived