Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Calling all solar imagers - Sat 7th September

DrRobin

Hi,

I have arranged to set up a solar viewing demonstration at a village show close to where I live and knowing my luck it will be raining. I will have a 3G connection to Gong, but was hoping that as many of you as you can would take a picture of the sun on the day and submit it on here? I will show these as well.

Anyone who is in the area is more than welcome to come along and have a look through the scopes or on the screen and anyone who has advice would be gratefully received as it is the first outreach event I have done.

I am planing to take the following:

Lunt 60, for Ha;

ST80 with Baader filter for white light;

Solar projector;

Solar eclipse glasses;

Live feed to Gong;

Display boards with past pictures and info on what they are looking at.

It is the Heddon on the Wall village show (Google 'Heddon village show' for details) The show opens at 2pm and runs through to about 5pm, but I will be there earlier to get set up.

Hopefully we will get some images of the sun from the show, we just need some nice blue sky.

TIA

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a wash-out here. I've been laying concrete this morning whilst dodging the showers and the cloud has now settled in with a vengeance. I think it's unlikely I'll see much that isn't grey for the rest of the day.

James

Archived