Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

how would this scope be perform on planets

im using a 925 SCT,

but how would this scope perform compared to the SCT,

http://www.donedeal....lescope/5547312

I did read somewhere that refractors are better for planets, any thoughts please.

I think good optics and tracking are best for planets; the optical design is less important. Aperture counts for planets too: the colours come to life in a larger scope. If the seeing is bad then you just stop it down. If your 9" SCT is a good one then it will likely provide views at least as good as the 6" refractor.

If you're comparing scopes of the same aperture, the refractor may well win out. However, that's never the case in practice because refractors are far more expensive and bulky per unit aperture.

The C6-R is a good value Achromat liked by many - but it will have strong chromatic abberation at high powers which personally I do not like.

I have had both the C9.25 and the C6-R and of the two the better planetary scope was the C9.25 **when accurately collimated and well cooled**

A 10" Newtonian will beat them both ......

Archived