Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings

Iancovici

I am new to astronomy. It is my new hobby [for 2 months now, though I've been interested in it for quite a while, now I'd like to go a little more further].

I have a binocular [8x30 baigish] and a telescope [celestron 70 travel scope], which I have purchased 2 weeks ago and love very much using it along with my binocular.

I have been observing the Moon and the Saturn with my telescope daily, I enjoy it very much.

Yesterday evening I tried to look at M13 but could not locate or see. Sky was clear but it was full moon and was very bright; perhaps my telescope was not strong enough to see.. or am I too noob to spot!? [looked over 1 hour for it but could not find so I gave up in the end]

Hi Ian, some of the fainter dso's are really tricky especially in not so dark summer skies or bright moon. What eye piece were you using? Make sure you start off with a nice wide field of view. Some 10x50 bins are useful to help locate them too

Cool avatar, what part of Eastern Europe?

Thanks, Dana. It's avatar of comrade Leonov going out in space for first time in history of mankind.

I'm now at Constantza for me hols, next to Black Sea where my girlfriend's folks live... and tomorrow will return to the capital of same country where there will be abundance of lights and labour!.. :clock:

Archived