Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Life just aint fair

rowan46

I am sitting at the bottom of a mountain in Austria looking at a fair few stars however a wispy cloud has come over and the moon has popped out from behind the mountain and lit up the sky burning out all my DSO,s to cap it all the moon is now hiding behind some trees so I can,t even get a good look at the little minx. I guess I will just have to sit here drinking Austrian beer till she stops being such a tease.

The yodelling worked and I finally got to try out my new es teleextender it works very well indeed, much better than any Barlow I have ever had. It even made my es 4.7 into something resembling an eyepiece. The air has gone very still down here so I was able Toto get about 204x out of my little scope. I am happy with that. The forecast is for better weather tomorrow so hopefully the moon will not do so much damage

I'm in Italy with my new Canon, tripod and my Polarie. Barely any LP here but there's a huge Moon washing the sky out!

I need to consult my parents next time they book a holiday and go when there's a new moon...

:embarassed:

This is my new best friend for tracking when it will actually be dark:

http://www.dreistein...&tz=1&zon=&mon=

Cheers,

Chris

I was in Austria a month ago. The Austrian barmaids are far more interesting than the moon ;) Plus they take your mind off the fizzy beer...

I like the fizzy beer and I'm with the family so I am not allowed to be interested in barmaids. I also like the moon fortunately

Archived