Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Sun - 7th Aug 2013

David Smith

Caught a bit of a gap this morning, or at least I thought I had. When I checked the frames this evening I struggled to find any that were not affected by clouds. Stacked the best 30 to get this. It's a bit quiet at the minute although there is a new group just poking it's head over the horizon.

9460713268_34b2f6c758_o.jpg

20130807 by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

There's definitely a hint of something new there in the half past seven position.

Our skies cleared to bright blue just in time for the Sun to have dropped below the treetops :( Made for a pleasant dinner outside though, so can't really complain.

James

Shame the cloud softened this one , I had the same stuff this morning and the new AR was barely visible to the eye so never bothered shooting , pinned my hopes on the forecast for an evening shoot and it came up trumps for once ... :rolleyes:

Conditions were better this morning so hopefully today's image will be clearer. Steve's image from yesterday gives you a better idea of what is really going on in WL. Visually this morning it was most impressive as the seeing was exceptional allowing me to see the myriad of very tiny spots that are currently on show.

Archived