Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mak 127 M33 fail :)

JamesF

It doesn't always go to plan... I started this one without really knowing where on the sensor it was because it was so faint, but it looks like I got it about right in terms of position. Sadly the little Mak then decided to start dewing up and the subs were getting more and more faint. It being 2:30am on a school night, I decided to call a halt to the proceedings. I think it might actually need a larger sensor or a shorter focal length anyhow. This is a resized image, but it's almost the full frame -- just the edges cropped off to lose the stacking artefacts.

m33-2013-08-05.png

James

No guidng yet. I'm toying with the idea of an OAG at the moment, though I may just turn up an adaptor for the 50mm guidescope I have to take my ASI120 as a guide camera as the field of view will probably be quite a bit larger.

James

Looks like you got the same amount of detail as what i got James,definately needs longer times on this one??

Same here last night,i set up under a clear sky but clouds started rolling in so packed up about midnight.

Longer exposures would really help, but I think just getting a decent number of exposures would be a good start. The forecast looks good again for tonight, so I shall give it another go if I can.

James

Just thought I'd chip in with some words of wisdom...

anyone following these 'imaging with a 127Mak' threads, I've had a go myself and had very mixed results ... I've had a decent ring nebula and M13 but massive fails on the dumbbell -_-

Its all down to meticulous polar alignment I'd say.

Hats off to anyone that gets a good image using the 127 Mak, they thoroughly deserve it as its really not that easy!

Just thought I'd chip in with some words of wisdom...

anyone following these 'imaging with a 127Mak' threads, I've had a go myself and had very mixed results ... I've had a decent ring nebula and M13 but massive fails on the dumbbell -_-

Its all down to meticulous polar alignment I'd say.

Hats off to anyone that gets a good image using the 127 Mak, they thoroughly deserve it as its really not that easy!

Well said Knobby :grin:

Archived