NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meeting and Observation, The Northern Refractor Group

The First meeting and observation session of the Northern Refractor group will take place at the Astronomy Centre, Todmorden on Sunday 8th September. There is the offer of over night stop overs for camper vans. Peter has offered let us have access from early afternoon to meet and do a little solar and then stay as late as we can stay up for!

Hopefully this will be the start of many regular sessions for refractor buffs and hopefully a some work we can together as a group when observing at home with some group projects and challenges.

OK now we have something concrete whose up for it?

Marki should also be in attendance all being well as well as Galileo from the Astronomy Shed site. Neal English is going to flag the event up for us and said he is happy to give a talk at some point down the line. Peter Drew is obviously also putting out the word, there a few of his regulars who are into their fracs so who knows, we might have quite a group, I might even turn up myself :laugh:

Marki should also be in attendance all being well as well as Galileo from the Astronomy Shed site. Neal English is going to flag the event up for us and said he is happy to give a talk at some point down the line. Peter Drew is obviously also putting out the word, there a few of his regulars who are into their fracs so who knows, we might have quite a group, I might even turn up myself laugh.gif

You might..;D

• 2 weeks later...

Or I might not.....My wife has just announced that she has bought tickets for the entire family to go to the ODI against the Aussie's at Old Trafford, I can't get out of it. I am very sorry about this chaps I do hope you can all still get together and so this thing.

Typical, any other Sunday and I would gave been delighted, its a family get together for my 50th.

Sorry I've not replied before, not long back from my holidays. The event is still on for 8th September, Philj, as far as I am aware. I'm planning on bringing my TAL125r and the Skylight 100mm f13 for use on my AZ-EQ6gt. Look forward to catching up with everyone then!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived