Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

And so it begins

twintin

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit stingy with the wine though, 25ml of Blossom Hill's Crisp & Fruity at a time.

Yeah I thought that. Ill swap it for gin I think . As long as there's a little bit of something warming in there for those long cold nights ;)

• 2 weeks later...

with all the rain i thought i would get a few little jobs done that were outstanding. First off was the floor tiles. Its now so much more pleasing walking around on carpet :grin:  plus its warmer and quieter. Also made a temporary desk

post-23328-0-07289800-1382287403_thumb.j

post-23328-0-46200500-1382287413_thumb.j

i had a few scraps of ali angle left over so i mackled up an adjustable mount for the st80 that will become my guidescope (if i ever get to that point!) and i made a bracket to hold my handset. The adjustable bracket is basically 2 ali angles with a hole in a corresponding hole in the plastic mount that came with the st80 with a bolt through the lot. i had a couple of screws and wide washers which are screwed into the dovetail bar and grip the angles very firmly. I drilled out the rear hole on the dovetail and elongated it into a slot so i have left to right and up and down movement. Once we have some clear sky i'll give it a try. I want to see if the xbox cam will be any use as a guide cam? failing that i'll pop the spc 900 in.

post-23328-0-66560400-1382287524_thumb.j

I'm definately going to extend the optics wall to make that end a warm room as it was blumming freezing the other night. Still need some guttering which is a priority really as i discovered when the roof is damp and open the drips drop on the mains board! not a good combination, so as soon as i get some free cash that will be done. Anyway a few little pics for anyone still interested :laugh:

post-23328-0-21647800-1382287894_thumb.j

Hmmm I think I may have a problem. Just been in tonight and noticed that the vapour barrier is full of condensation between the ship lap and the plastic. I think I should have left a gap between them. I'm now worried that it will remain wet and rot the cladding out from inside. I think as it was warm today the sun has warmed the shed up thus forming the condensation. Anyone else have this problem? How did you get over it?

It looks as if you used a plastic (ie impermiable) sheet for your vapour barrier?  If so I would suggest removing it as you will get damp on the inside of your timber.  With my own build I used breathable barrier and have no condensation problems - my structure is: Outside cladding (tongue and groove) > permiable barrier > gap occupied by frames (just over 2") > inside thin plywood lining.  I have taken the lining off to check and found no condensation or dampness at all.  Not boasting, just saying that the system I used did work.  Maybe you could remove your barrier and replace it with a permiable one?  The stuff I used is this: http://www.diy.com/nav/build/insulation/constructional-insulation/Protect-A1-Felt-Roofing-Underlay-1m-x-45m-11597534

Being paranoid i popped in to the shed this morning and had a check round, nothing no moisture at all between the barrier and timber. I think whats happening is during the day the sun warms the timber and being tanalised and probably still wet inside, the moisture comes out and sits on the barrier. During the night it must be re absorbed or evapoate through the barrier?. Because the timber is painted on the external face the moisture can only go out through the unfinished side. A bit more thought needed i think so i might try a dehumidifier for now to see if that helps.

• 2 months later...

with all the wind/rain/sleet and anything else thrown at us of late stopping any actual observing, i thought i would crack on and start the warm room.

So i bought a couple of sheets of OSB, a few lengths of 3x2,  a set of sliding door gear from ebay for £10 (bargain) and some odd bits n bobs. A couple of hours on Saturday and this is what i ended up with. I just need to think about insulation at some point and i'll be away. I have managed to flick a coat of purple paint on today but it was too dark to take any pics so maybe tomorrow.

Inside storage end (still to be tidied with shelves etc..) and the shelf is level just my picture angle isn't !

post-23328-0-38532500-1390759683_thumb.j

Door closed

post-23328-0-05490300-1390759707_thumb.j

Door Open

post-23328-0-39113100-1390759698_thumb.j

View in (still with temp desk)

post-23328-0-74530800-1390759690_thumb.j

Archived