First light with MN190

TrickySpot

Picked up a 2nd hand MN190 yesterday and what a scope! Luckily it was a sunny day and I could do all my initial alignments with guidescope etc during the day and was imaging by 23:30.

I see field flatteners being sold in my near future :-)

9 x 15 min H-Alpha

post-6121-0-51710000-1373285695_thumb.jp

Great shot, great scope.... sleepless nights :grin:

Thanks! This is the best plug and play scope I've had...just spent about 30 min playing with spacers to get focusing right, otherwise dead easy!

I see that on some of your other posts, you emphasize putting the 383l+ on its own USB cable. does this make a massive difference? I run my mount, guidecam and 383L+ to a powered hub, then just a single USB cable to inside. Would you suggest differently?

Thanks! This is the best plug and play scope I've had...just spent about 30 min playing with spacers to get focusing right, otherwise dead easy!

I see that on some of your other posts, you emphasize putting the 383l+ on its own USB cable. does this make a massive difference? I run my mount, guidecam and 383L+ to a powered hub, then just a single USB cable to inside. Would you suggest differently?

I had some trouble with noise on my 383L - I wasn't sure what caused it but suspect it was the power cable rather than USB (I was looping on from one 12v supply) but if your subs are nice and clean - as they appear to be from your Pacman - then why worry! All looks good to me!

Like x6gas - I had some (not many) problems with noise running everything through a powered hub. I tried running the 383L+ straight to the PC via its own cable and the random noise disappeared - stayed that way since.

Everything else goes through the hub to the PC.

I now use two Maplin 12v 7amp DC supplies one powers the cameras the other the mount / heaters etc. I just try to keep any cable that sends or pulses power away from signal cables - OTT, probably but for the cost of a couple of cables....

Congrats on the scope, that's very nice for first light. I guide mine with the QHY5 on an OAG for simplicity. Great scopes as long as you've got 'em collimated properly! :smiley:

Archived