Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scorchio ... !!! Sun In White Light 06-07-2013. 07:00

Steve Ward

Phew , it's warm out there today ... very glad I got out and in early .... :cool:

Collected 100 on the disc first thing and had a job to reject any , stacked 75 @ 98% .... :p

Made one grave error though , sat and processed the disc over a nice sunny breakfast , and by the time I got the Mak set up the seeing was on the downhill slope .... :mad:

Shot 263 for the close-up , found just 30 half-decent frames and one absolute corker , stacked the 30 iffy's and tweaked the singleton , the single frame won hands down . . . :grin:

Full Disc , 75/100 @ 98%.

P6-7-13.png

AR 11785 , Close-Up , Single frame ... !!!

PSingleFrame177.png

AR 11785 , 30/263 .

PMak29-263.png

1000D + ED80Pro / Mak180Pro + ND3.8 + 1.8 x Barlow + OIII.

Day by day album . . . http://www.astrobin....rs/steveward53/

Great images, Steve and thank you for sharing them. The sun has really been putting on a show recently and that developing sunspot (1785/87) have been spell binding.

Talking of the heat, I'm going to head out to my dark site later, but it's 8pm and still 44ºC :shocked: outside in the shade! At 3 o'clock this afternoon, we registered 48ºC. I didn't know I could sweat in just so many parts before today :smiley:

Lovely images, Steve. That first close-up image is a stonker. Took a set a couple of hours ago myself. The camera was reporting a sensor temperature of 45C! I almost feel guilty for subjecting it to such abuse.

James

Talking of the heat, I'm going to head out to my dark site later, but it's 8pm and still 44ºC :shocked: outside in the shade! At 3 o'clock this afternoon, we registered 48ºC. I didn't know I could sweat in just so many parts before today :smiley:

Rather too much information I think :)

I've not seen a thermometer today and I'm sure we've not nowhere near 48C, but it's been sweltering here (Bordeaux) today too. I'll live with it for the clear skies, but if it were cloudy to I'd be most unamused :D

James

Archived