Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Next Observing Session 13/7/2013

Matthew

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure weather to bring scope or just bring bins

Same here, will decide at the last minute.

I usually don't feel like fiddling with a lot of gear in hot weather, it will be nice to catch up with everyone though. :smiley:

What time are you thinking of going mike

I was thinking about heading out about 8:30 pm, should get there about 9:00 o'clock.

It will be cooler, but still early for observing.

Edit: Dorothy won't be able to attend tonight's meet, but will try to make it to the next one. I've got the mug Rebecca made for you, and will bring it along.

I'm madder than a madman on mad tablets. :angry5: My brother was left stranded at Bristol Airport, his lift failed to turn up.

And muggings here, who was the only family member sober (going to Blaenavon) had to go and pick him up.

Don't mean to rub it in but it was a good night Freff. There was quite a breeze up there which was unexpected but six of us were up there. Very nice to meet Rhys Hardwick at last and the two gents from Cardiff astronomical society, Lennylovit with his legendary bread pudding , L8-nite mike and of course myself. The local posse of youngsters were there for a while blinding us with their headlights but hey, its a free country(for now).Hope to see you all at the next meet :smiley:

I'm glad you all had a good night Peter. I was looking forward to meeting up again, I haven't seen Mike for a while and of course Mrs L bread pudding.

I have been left with a load of Chocolate Crunch which unfortunately I'm going to have to eat. :rolleyes:

I'm off to Pencelli Castle Camping Park tomorrow for the week.... getting myself in the grove ready for the October star party.

Have good one tonight guys. Will be picking up the scope in November subject to the DVLA giving me my licence back :huh:

Hi Pat,

It was a nice evening, there was a cool dry breeze which reminded me of the California desert.

The observing got better around 1:00 am, I should of brought my Scope instead of the Bins, but there you are, can't second guess what the conditions are likely to be. The parking area was quite clean, no problems horses or poo, but a couple of sheep ran up when they smelled the donuts. It was nice to catch up, seems like ages since the last meet.

Hope to see you and the new scope in November, take care !

I'm madder than a madman on mad tablets. :angry5: My brother was left stranded at Bristol Airport, his lift failed to turn up.

And muggings here, who was the only family member sober (going to Blaenavon) had to go and pick him up.

Hi Tony,

Write this down and give it to your brother for the next time...........

" The Old Forge " - phone 01275 472 587

It's 100 meters from Bristol Airport, we always stay there when flying out the following morning. They shuttle you from the lodge to the airport and back, and give you a week's parking in a secure lot, if you stay the night. There is also a pub across the street which serves good food.

Sorry you could'n make it, see you at the next one.

Hi Tony,

Write this down and give it to your brother for the next time...........

" The Old Forge " - phone 01275 472 587

It's 100 meters from Bristol Airport, we always stay there when flying out the following morning. They shuttle you from the lodge to the airport and back, and give you a week's parking in a secure lot, if you stay the night. There is also a pub across the street which serves good food.

Sorry you could'n make it, see you at the next one.

Thanks Mike that's good info.

See you at the next one.

Archived