Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AstroEQ for EQ mounts

Oily

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mark - unlikely to be a com port issue as EQMOD/AstroEQ is connected (can issue commands from CdC), there just seems to be something wrong with EQMOD.

I'd probably try uninstalling/reinstalling EQMOD. See if something went glitchy during the install.

OK, so forced an uninstall and redownloaded the ASCOMEQ drivers and ran setup as indicated + registered the dll.

Sadly, no change.

AstroEQ is working fine.

No problems when using CdC, telescope goes to where it should.

Not an Admin issue, as this machine has the full Admin account installed and enabled, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit with all permissions enabled for EQMOD etc.

I just can't get the main ASCOM driver screen to display. Driver latest v124g.

eqascom.png

I can Park/Unpark by using the ASCOMPAD but can't define any settings.

I guess that this is not an AstroEQ issue, but am at a bit of a loss as to where to go from here.

Very odd I am using windows 7 32bit and have no problems getting eqmod up and running. Bringing up the EQASCOM TOOLBOX and opening the main setting box this is what I have got mine set at followed by opening up eqmod with the tool box this is my other settings its saying not connected because I am using the tool box by the way..

post-8732-0-85834200-1392037849_thumb.jp

post-8732-0-86084200-1392037851_thumb.jp

OK, so forced an uninstall and redownloaded the ASCOMEQ drivers and ran setup as indicated + registered the dll.

Sadly, no change.

AstroEQ is working fine.

No problems when using CdC, telescope goes to where it should.

Not an Admin issue, as this machine has the full Admin account installed and enabled, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit with all permissions enabled for EQMOD etc.

I just can't get the main ASCOM driver screen to display. Driver latest v124g.

I guess that this is not an AstroEQ issue, but am at a bit of a loss as to where to go from here.

To force a 'clean' install of EQMOD use the toolbox application that installs with it to delete the existing eqmod.ini file before connecting to EQMOD (uninstall, doesn't remove this file and an install doesn't change it) When EQMOD runs it will and finds no eqmod.ini file exists it will create a new on will defaults assigned.

Are you using a dual monitor setup by any chance? There used to be an issue if the primary monitor was the right hand one. If you haven't already done so join the EQMOD yahoo group and download the latest development release from the files section there (V1.27L)

Chris.

Are you using a dual monitor setup by any chance? There used to be an issue if the primary monitor was the right hand one. If you haven't already done so join the EQMOD yahoo group and download the latest development release from the files section there (V1.27L)

Yes I am. 3 monitor screens with the laptop central and one either side.

I'll follow your instructions above re the install and see if this makes a difference.

I can't see that this would have any effect but I also run my own DNS Bind server on this machine with some pretty hefty Nul Zone and Block Config filters in place.

I'll also join the Yahoo group, I have it on screen 2 at the moment.

Plus with the new install I'll disconnect the other 2 monitors.

Many thanks, I know that I'll get this glitch sorted.

Best,

Richard

Hi Richard,

OK, that explains it then. The latest development build should work ok with muli-monitors - the fix went in on V1.26d (it did work before but only if the left hand monitor was the primary screen i.e the coordinate base for window positions).

You will probably need to delete the existing ini file as per my previous post as I suspect the ini file as it stands will have off invalid screen coordinates in it. Once the latest versions is installed and a new ini automatically created everything should be fine.

Chris

Many thanks Chris, this seems to have done the trick.

To be as clean as possible I ran the AstroEQ config utility first.

I deleted the existing Ascom ini file, joined Yahoo and downloaded the latest v1.27L, reconfigured location etc and now I have the main EQMOD control screen visible.

I'm also able to drag and drop it onto the other monitors.

So far all looking good and working just fine with CdC, AstroEQ, EQMOD, and multiple monitors.

One happy camper, thanks everyone.

Richard

Well.....that was the first night I've actually been able to use Astroeq properly. If the clouds have obliged [and mostly they haven't] then I've been working shifts. If I've not been working...it's been cloudy.

First impressions? It's BRILLIANT! I've not been into astronomy long and never used a goto mount at all. I REALLY enjoyed myself tonight.

Using Eqmod is a bit of a learning curve....mind you I've had plenty of time to practice indoors! The Astroeq just does exactly what it is supposed to do...Thanks Tom...such a simple but clever piece of kit!

Can't recommend Astroeq enough.

Howard

Pick mine up from Royal Mail tomorrow. Having problems with collimation with my new 200P, and haven't even seen anything properly through it yet.  It seems my telescope was bad as soon as i received it by delivery. I'm attempting collimation for first time with laser collimator. Hope to test it soon, then get the AstroEQ out the box and test that :)

What will Tom invent next I wonder?

Currently working on a Wifi module with a USB host that does conversion from LX200 to the synta protocol. Essentially a small box that you plug AstroEQ in to and can then use SkySafari to control it from your phone/tablet :grin:. Possibly a similar module which allows EQMOD to connect wirelessly via COM2TCP.

That sounds cool Tom the wireless module would be a real blessing currently have no less then 6 wires hanging from my telescope 3 from the camera 1 from the webcam and 2 from the gears, looks like the mount is on a life support machine  :grin: Shame OVL have discontinued the HEQ5 standard mount as I was going for one but not now looks like I will have to save up for the syntrack version instead, most annoying of them to do that.

Archived