NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Installing bobs knobs on a C11

Just do one at a time. This is important or else you'll get it into a mess. So remove one and then recollimate. Do the second, repeat. Then the third.

To get it 95% there stand about 3m back from the front of the OTA and look for concentric circles in the primary after each screw.

I did my C6 last week, was very easy. Just don't over tighten them. I stopped as soon as I felt an increase in force whilst screwing them in.

I've so far only collimated by looking down into the front of the tube (the concentric circles), have yet to do a proper collimation (when the chance arrives).

Basically as has already been said. I put my C11 onto the mount and put an EP in, then pointed the scope at a target. I then replaced Knobs one at a time and re-centred the target in the EP, with the newly fitted knob. After completing all three you will be back to your original collimation position. :smiley:

Basically as has already been said. I put my C11 onto the mount and put an EP in, then pointed the scope at a target. I then replaced Knobs one at a time and re-centred the target in the EP, with the newly fitted knob. After completing all three you will be back to your original collimation position. :smiley:

This is without a doubt the best method and makes the whole operation completely painless.

Cheers,

Chris

With gloved hands I found the original Bob's Knob's a bit too fiddly on the C11 (that was with a Fastar secondary) Bob came up with a longer "knob" which allowed more freedom for big fingers - works 100%

Archived