Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Theres' something about the moon

Vince1963

Hi Guy's is it just me or is there something beautiful about a thin crescent moon?. Just managed to catch the waxing crescent (about 5% lit) low on the western horizon through my 15 x70s.. It was so beautiful just sitting there, then the cloud came in again.. :smiley:

There is also a particularly good time for moon fans.. libration where about 59% of the surface can be viewed... Assuming its not cloudy :huh: . I have never see it myself, But i its one of those things i must see :rolleyes:

Just a few weeks old when Neil Armstrong took his small step, so always felt some "connection" with The Moon, Apollo etc. Getting a decent view of the Moon to satisfy that curiosity was the objective that got me started in this hobby. Every time I look at it I think, "We've been there. Men have walked there. Wow." Every time. Never ceases to fascinate, and the closer I get through the eyepiece, camera or whatever, the greater the fascination. Wonderful.

Mind you, the resulting aperture fever is a right pain...

Archived