Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another Lincolnshire star gathering

I am looking to get another weekend together at Badger Farm, Asterby in Lincolnshire for the weekend of the 4th October (2013).

Details of the site can be found on this thread.

It really is a stunning observing site with fantastic horizons, the southern horizon being about as good as it gets.

The site itself is not a campsite as such but it does have 4 electric hook up boxes with 4 points to each. There is a maximum of 40 watts per plug as the site is self sufficient and powered by a wind generator. It does however have a diesel generator and if we were to need it we can use it. No heating elements or fridges to be used but laptop and phone charging is of no problem. There are four stand pipes and four eco loos which are clean and of no problem to use. So it can be considered basic but the skies are brilliant.

The cost for the weekend will be £15 per pitch for the 2 nights and £3.00 for evening visitors per night. This will be an informal gathering and payment will be on arrival.

It really is a stunning observing site with fantastic horizons, the southern horizon being about as good as it gets.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want to go to this, but its the week before PSP and i cant do 2 weekends on the bounce, nearly tempted to pull out from PSP as the skies are better at badger farm, but psp is a regular event for me

Count me in, a far darker site than the Peak District can provide, very, very, sad but true. I am Peak born and bred and know. Saddleworth moor is worse than my back garden, and that's only of few miles from Hull as the crow flies across the Humber. Manchester, as much as I love the place is massive, bright and very, very near.

That is fair enough Jules. I'm sure we can meet up there for a weekend during the summer..:)

I had thought about the PSP but then I thought about the horizons and the Milky Way sets with Sag and rises with Orion at this time of year and we will be able to watch the entire show at Badger Farm in great darkness if we get the weather.

I am hoping to get up there in August so I'm sure we can meet up before here anyway..:)

Maybe we should just start making it a rolling event as it is such a fantastic site for astro and I doubt without a visit to Scotland we could do any better. I was erm, well standing with my jaw on the floor a lot of the time. I hadn't seen so many stars since I was in the middle of the bay of Biscay.

I am hoping to get up there in August so I'm sure we can meet up before here anyway.. :)

Maybe we should just start making it a rolling event as it is such a fantastic site for astro and I doubt without a visit to Scotland we could do any better. I was erm, well standing with my jaw on the floor a lot of the time. I hadn't seen so many stars since I was in the middle of the bay of Biscay.

August 24th/25th weekend would be good for me Col :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh I'll keep my eye on this, I might well be up for this as I'm only about 15mins away at Wragby! smiley.gif

It is a great place to observe from as we learned a few weeks ago. Keep checking on the thread as there may be another one before this to..:)

• 2 months later...

Is this still looking to be going ahead? I might have got a friend interested in coming for at least one of the nights, and I'm still up for it. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms after having so much daylight! I need the darkness :grin:

Archived