Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another Lincolnshire star gathering

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It`s great when you find an undiscovered little gem of a dark site like Badger Farm. It is in a pretty central location of Lincolnshire too so over time should attract a lot more usage.

With regard to the wind and cold etc, as Colin says, vans etc will help with this. I also have a wind break always in my van so we can make observing conditions a little more comfortable when needed.

Yes I would like to make it to this gem of a site a regular as possible and now it is gathering its deserved attention. I am looking forwards to some good fun evenings with our local lot and anyone else who doesn't mind a bit of a trip to a great spot.

Sounds like I missed a great night! Luckily I had two fantastic nights in France, with spectacularly clear skies, so at least I got to do some observing whilst on me hols. Asterby is a lot more convenient though - lol!

Looking forward to the next visit - anyone got any thoguhts when might be a good time for another get together?

Well there is the weekend of the 4th of October. Which is what this thread was about to start with. But i am up for meeting sooner.

It was very good for getting the Messiers is Sagittarius.

Question for Col, can we just turn up or do we need to talk to them first? Just so if we have a short notice clear night or something.

Matt, I think in general it would be polite to notify them if we are going. I also feel that as we are so lucky to has access to this great facility we really ought to start giving them a couple of quid each for the privilege on each evening session.

Ed; Although Suzi did say to me that it is okay to just turn up. Maybe I'll get confirmation of that from her and somewhere on site we could put in an honesty box for our contributions to save bothering them. That way folk could notify me and I could text her to check the box..:)

Yeah that sounds like a good idea.

Id be up for going there as its alot darker skies than at home, and would be good for an all nighter session, but its always been you that has arranged it so i wasnt sure how it worked in respect to turning up.

It is great for all nighters but you always leave early..:D

I'd be happy to make some contribution for the use of such a great site, Col. What ever you think is best. I'll put the 4th of Oct in my diary, might be a good way to celebrate my half-century birth day (assuming I haven't gone off somewhere remote to drown my sorrows!).

Archived