Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn reproces

Thank you for your encouraging input. My scope is a 9.25 sct....also used a DBK21 with a 3x barlow... 30fps, gamma 100, YUY2 RGB 24 codec (not sure the exposure, as I kept fiddling with it somewhat. Also I believe my latitude is same (55 degrees) as Newcastle Upon Tyne.

I was trying to get about 3000 frames via PIPP, however somehow kept ending up with about 1015 frames....not sure what I was doing wrong.

I did try Sharpcap at the same session, but avis were a really purplish tint...ended up using the camera's capture program...IC Capture.

I have been trying for some time to get some good steady avi's and I guess the sky conditions were just right this time (May 4th) and I got lucky. Hoping next to experiment with extension tubes for bigger scale.

Clear Skies :smiley:

Roger

Hi Roger, nice image, your settings seem ok but I struggle with 30fps with my dfk on Saturn with it being slightly dim, I tend to get better results with 15 fps at 1/15th exposure, at 30fps you should be on 1/30th exposure but will have to max out the gain!

Archived