Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bodes Fever, A processing learning Curve.

astromerlin

Hi all, This month I be mostly getting to grips with learning how to process DSO's. I chose M81-M82 as the target, mostly as I'm guiding with a ps-eye webcam which can lose the star if some errant cloud passes over the fov and being that Bodes Nebula is near to Polaris guiding issues are kept to a minimum.

I captured several subs over 3-4 nights with the Canon 1000d in my SW250 OTA, the image was stacked with approx 30 subs of 300secs with the same quantity of darks. Processed with DSS and tweaked in Photoshop.

I'd like to get more detail in M81 so this will be an on going process.

post-3186-0-06624500-1367941854_thumb.jp

Hi, Thanks for your kind comments, It's been a fair while since I had the chance to do some imaging mainly due to the weather I'd forgotten how to use some of the PS techniques. I wont see any clear skys any time soon due to the purchase of a ASI120mm for guiding and planetary.

Archived