SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn 4-May first (x)RGB processing

Olorin

It's been ages since I posted an image anywhere, I had tons of other things (work, family, etc...).

On top of all I was waiting for the filters to arrive. When they did we had some dust storms but finally during the last few days we got clear skies again.

So this is my first play with filters and processing mono images it's not much but considering the seeing and my processing abilities ... (hopefully both will improve soon :grin:) I guess it is a start.

The set up is the ASI 120MM, X3 barlow and the SW200P.

post-13200-0-91021800-1367839176_thumb.p

Please feel free to comment and advice for improvement

Thanks

Dror

Excellent results!

very nice details in all the 3 images, as say above the RGB is in real color but the IRRGB has some really good details.

I got to ask why you didn't use the powermate?

Well done Dror, they are really good, just came in myself & only managed 2 rgb sets, could hardly see anything with a 2 x barlow let alone 3, nice one.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I still need to learn the processing (WinJUPOS should be my next challenge)

Ilan I didn't use the x5 powermate as it reduces the light in such a way that I can only get ~7 fpsfrom the camera and since I am not using de-rotation (as I wrote I need to learn to use WinJUPOS :laugh: ) I am taking very short captures for each channel. With the x3 barlow I managed to get the camera up to ~25 fps for the blue channel and up to 133 fps for the L channel...

Darryl Saturn reaches 46 degrees here so it is reasonable these were taken about an hour before the highest elevation, actually I have so much more AVIs I need to process from that night I truly wasn't aware of how much work mono planetary is :eek: .

Thanks again for all the motivation your comments give

Dror

Archived