Moon mosaic

riklaunim

Finally I had time to process all Moon panels (around 51) for a mosaic - which after processing got some holes when generated in MS ICE. C14 at f/10 with red longpass (visual) filter and IDS UI-1240LE-NIR camera.

Mosaic:

mozaika.jpg

Picked panels:

moon4.jpg

moon1.jpg

moon2.jpg

moon3.jpg

Piotr - Stunning quality, clarity, resolution and tonal range on those - simply gorgeous! The IDS camera is obviously in its element here and coupled with the C14 is an IR killer.

I was very interested in the IDS 3240-NIR, which is actually quite cheap for a decent industrial with a UK list price of £ 689+VAT, though out of my budget I'm afraid at least for the medium term. Just blown rather less on the QHY5L-II mono which should be sensitive enough for my immediate planetary needs.

Would very much like to see a result from your IDS & C14 on Saturn if the conditions allow ;)

There are also cameras with older "Sapphire" e2v sensor. Those should start around 300-350 EUR. Here is IDS USB2 and Ximea USB3 with that sensor and low price.

Thanks - very nice to know and these may just be at the sweet point price wise. I'll have to do some more saving though. The sensitivity on the e2v Ruby looks very good and a real step up in performance - sensor of choice now for planetary/solar video imaging?

Archived