Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn May 1st

A very quick IR/Colour process from last night in decent seeing but poor transparancy. My best images this year I reckon. Lots of data to put together so expect to improve on this one :

QHY colour & mono IR : (still struggling with colour balance on the QHY)

gallery_4016_412_97596.png

Great capture Stuart!!

Look forward to seeing the results of your other data.

For my location conditions were better Monday night. Have still to process these but will be just IR data again. Will hopefully be getting decent filters in the next few weeks.

Regards

Pete

Didn't get out Monday as was still feeling the effects of imaging Saturday night lol Darn it sounds like I missed out. Anyhow when I've made proper full sized stacks (this was from 2 small avis) I'm hoping to have some decent shots especially straight colour ones. Its interesting to see in better seeing how the colour shots compare better to the IR.

The sky was bright orange last night and the colour runs were 31fps at max gain compared to 42fps Saturday night.

Interesting that you had decent seeing but poor transparency Stuart, I had crystal clear skies with terrible seeing.

Steve, out of interest what times were you good conditions? I was out between 12 and 1 and Saturn was flapping about like a flag in the wind and I wonder if that was just down to local conditions.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Chris yes I gave that one some extra sharpening to see how much of the hex would appear. Just annoyed with myself for not getting to grips with the colour balance. I was worried the steady seeing wouldn't last so did not do a test stack.

Very true Chris but the gap between IR and colour was much smaller last night, wish now I'd tried a straight mono shot too.

Here is another repro of the colour shot with drizzle but different wavelets..think I prefer this one.

gallery_4016_412_32254.png

I think that last shot is the best Stuart and very good it is too. Hope you have more success tonight. Cloudy here tonight but tommoro looks promising so I may get a couple to add to the collection.

Archived