Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Double posts

JamesF

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i am on my pc at work, and press post, it will show the autosaving time and it will say posting, then it will go back to as if you havent posted. But if you refresh, your post is there. It doesnt do that on my home pc though, so i assumed it was something to do with my work pc..

Happened to me last night using Chrome, I can't use IE because for some reason the Enter key doesn't do anything to start a new paragraph !!!

- Neil

The enter key problem in IE10 can either be sorted by using compatibility mode to select an earlier version of IE for the SGL site or by turning of the WYSIWYG mode in the editor... I use the later...

Peter..

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk HD

The enter key problem in IE10 can either be sorted by using compatibility mode to select an earlier version of IE for the SGL site or by turning of the WYSIWYG mode in the editor... I use the later...

Peter..

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk HD

... didn't know that.

I've just typed this using IE10 and I can do fancy modern stuff like new lines now !!!!

- Neil

Originally I thought the forum software blocks posting in quick succession to prevent double posts and may be that filter has stopped working.

However, I had a double post last night, but I'm sure I only clicked submit once.

Ok, so I'm a bit slow at times, but it's just occurred to me that there's another problem still happening that started about the same time as the double-posting issue...

When someone else posts to a thread you're viewing a message appears at the top of the screen saying so with an option to view the post. Clicking on that doesn't work any more for me. I might be prepared to wager these three dead AG10 batteries from my illuminated reticle finder that I have on my desk that the code to display the new post and the code that displays the post you've just made is the same, and that is the code that is broken.

Alright, so it's a bit of a stab in the dark, I admit. I'll wager two of the dead batteries.

James

Ok, so I'm a bit slow at times, but it's just occurred to me that there's another problem still happening that started about the same time as the double-posting issue...

When someone else posts to a thread you're viewing a message appears at the top of the screen saying so with an option to view the post. Clicking on that doesn't work any more for me. I might be prepared to wager these three dead AG10 batteries from my illuminated reticle finder that I have on my desk that the code to display the new post and the code that displays the post you've just made is the same, and that is the code that is broken.

Alright, so it's a bit of a stab in the dark, I admit. I'll wager two of the dead batteries.

James

Hmmm......3 would be very high stakes, go down that path & its a slippery slope to who knows where, somewhere along the lines a Duracell may creep into the wager. :grin:

Archived