Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which mount + some advice?

mpeniak

Hi Guys,

Now I am definitelly back. I was working as a taxi driver for 4 days but I can't work 80 to save some money and I also hated the job. Now I need to buy some mount because I sold my cg5. I was thinking about CG5 - goto. Would this be good choice if I wanna do astrophoto please. I might spend around £400 on it later on. Is there any pay monthly option somewhere on the web please?

Hope you doing well guys :D

Regards

Martin :D

Hi Martin, welcome back! Given that you have a C8-N (?) I'd suggest, if you can, try and stretch to an HEQ5. Don't get me wrong, the CG5-GT is a great mount and visually was able to handle my C10N (just...) but for astrophotography I believe its a case of getting as big mount as possible.

James

for astrophotography I believe its a case of getting as big mount as possible.

Absolutely true - get the best mount you can afford to get and upgrade your optics later. The best scope in the world won't get results if it's on the wobbliest mount.

Cheers,

You might want to consider the Orion Sirius EQG mount which is a clone of the HEQ5 and retails for less than the HEQ5 it is available from

http://www.scsastro.co.uk/it180018.htm

Its now advertised as £699 but I picked up mine for £650 you may be able to get discount for being a member of SPA or just haggle for a lower price.

Regards,

Kevin

Archived