SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

BGO 7mm & 9mm available

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FLO were showing a price and no notification of "Currently Unvailable", so I pushed the button last night. The money has gone through and they haven't contacted me to say it isn't coming, so fingers crossed.

It is now showing "Currently Unavailable", before you check.

Russell

I was looking for a 12.5mm but couldn't see one anywhere so I took a Hutech, it just cost more. I tend to like sets of things but my Orthoscopics will be a bit of a mix, 6mm BGO, 9mm BGO, 12.5mm Hutech and 18mm Kasai, not exactly what I had hoped for but better than finding a fly in your soup.

Alan

Russell

No I believed you, believe it or not. I was checking twice a day on Astro B&S as well, still I have the Hutech now. I can only hope that John has a sky like I have outside at the moment, in fact I would be happy for it to be raining here and he had my sky so I see what he thinks of the new Orthos, but I mean well but know there is no way I can do it. Next week good weather I'm in England

Alan.

Russell

No I believed you, believe it or not. I was checking twice a day on Astro B&S as well, still I have the Hutech now. I can only hope that John has a sky like I have outside at the moment, in fact I would be happy for it to be raining here and he had my sky so I see what he thinks of the new Orthos, but I mean well but know there is no way I can do it. Next week good weather I'm in England

Alan.

Unfortunately, this coming Saturday is about the only clear spot on the prediction horizon.

I'd been keeping an eye on UKABS too, but there was no way I was paying over RRP for a second hand BGO. In one way, the Hutech has at least capped the silly prices, but in another it's firmed up the residuals too by being higher in price.

Russell

I was tempted by an 18mm BGO that was not in top condition but optically fine. This was on offer for 99 pounds and I though well not too bad but when they wanted me to pay post I though, no enough is enough and pulled out. I had just bought something else so I was cutting back a bit. Some times even a few quid can make a big difference or was it principal, maybe the latter.

I have gone for the Kasai instead, I'm sure I will be happy with it.

Alan

My advice to anyone considering an overpriced Baader GO is to either haggle the price down to £60 or less or buy the Hutech equivalent :wink:

The arrival of the Hutechs on the market at £89 each have, for me, taken away any excuse for sellers to be asking any more than the normal used price, or at least a reasonable % of the Hutech new price, for Baader GO's.

The above advice is based on a very brief but informative first light with the Hutech's the night before last. I'll compile and post more in due course but meanwhile I'd hate for someone to get stung paying top dollar for a Baader GO as there really is no need now.

Good advice John, I agree.

There is some irrational attraction to the BGO's which I will confess I feel too (something to do with green and black as much as anything!) but I find it annoying that there is such blatant profiteering going on.

It was the tone of the ABS ad which I didn't like, just seems arrogant and over the top and was trying to goad people into buying it. It is also factually incorrect as it implies that the eps may not appear at all, when in reality they were just stuck in customs. It is clear from the fact that it hasn't sold that people realise this is too much to pay. It also says 'perfect' condition when it isn't, none of my BGO's have any damage to the green paintwork so I don't believe it to be that common.

Anyway, rant over. I have a couple of Hutech 12.5mm to use in my Binoviewer, plus a 7, 9 and 18mm BGO so I am happy and I'm sure the Hutechs will perform very nicely.

Stu

My advice to anyone considering an overpriced Baader GO is to either haggle the price down to £60 or less or buy the Hutech equivalent :wink:

The arrival of the Hutechs on the market at £89 each have, for me, taken away any excuse for sellers to be asking any more than the normal used price, or at least a reasonable % of the Hutech new price, for Baader GO's.

The above advice is based on a very brief but informative first light with the Hutech's the night before last. I'll compile and post more in due course but meanwhile I'd hate for someone to get stung paying top dollar for a Baader GO as there really is no need now.

When you provide your feedback to FLO John, can you please try to convince them that a15mm version should be a no-brainer :)

Archived