NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Midsomer Murders

kerrylewis

The Radio Times description of tonight's episode:

During a total eclipse of the sun, an amateur astronomer dies after being hit on the head by a meteorite. As Barnaby and Jones investigate, they discover that intrigue, sexual tension and academic rivalry are rife among the local stargazing community

How can you resist?!

The Radio Times description of tonight's episode:

During a total eclipse of the sun, an amateur astronomer dies after being hit on the head by a meteorite. As Barnaby and Jones investigate, they discover that intrigue, sexual tension and academic rivalry are rife among the local stargazing community

How can you resist?!

Fairly easily.......

Chris

I was there!

They used our society observatory for some of the inside shots and a load of us spent a hot day on the side of the Chilterns for the "eclipse" pictures.

We had no idea what was going on but tried our best to get reasonable use of solar filters.

The professional observatory is, I believe Mill Hill.

There's some of my images on the walls, I noticed a very red Rosette Nebula.

Chris

I noticed the Atik camera in one of the shots, not sure which model though.

The thing which jarred for me was another actor playing DC Barnaby. He looked as though he was playing John Nettles playing Barnaby :confused:

Am I the only one more interested in the kit and technical accuracy than in the plot (What plot?)?

The thing which jarred for me was another actor playing DC Barnaby. He looked as though he was playing John Nettles playing Barnaby

AFAIR (and I may be wrong as I've not exactly been paying attention), Neil Dudgeon's character is supposed to be a different Barnaby to that of John Nettles. His cousin or something like that.

James

According to this article, the murder rate in the county of Midsomer has been estimated at 32 per million; about two and a half times the Uk average. The most dangerous place on Earth is the town of Cabot Cove, with nearly 1,500 murders per million (Murder She Wrote). The simplest explanation for this is that Jessica Fletcher is actually a serial killer.

Jessicaflecther.jpg

(I'm more than a little suspicious of Miss Marple too...)

Archived