Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

a cornish obsy build

tony

never got a lot done this past week what with work and going away to my cousins wedding, but managed the facia and got the door made and fitted before the rain came. will be replacing the hinge screws with coachbolts tomorrow then fitting the locks, and apart from the 4 pieces of loglap and protection thats the outside done. :rolleyes:

IMAG1379_zpsad1a2d3e.jpg

IMAG1415_zps917eedf6.jpg

• Like 1

well i'm not finished yet but some clear sky on monday night and i just couldnt wait any longer

IMAG1417_zpsb662cc28.jpg

started the panelling today after work, can't get a wide enough shot to show any more but you know what ply looks like :grin:

IMAG1421_zps7faedbeb.jpg

looks less in this pic but thats just over an inch clearance

IMAG1422_zpsb90c2703.jpg

and a couple of mini first lights, 3 x 5mins on pacman and 4 x 5 mins on crescent, just wanted to get a bit of something. hopefully will get first light proper over the weekend when i'm not up at 5am for work

pac3x300processed_zps70b29036.jpg

cres2_zpsc99328b3.jpg

Edited by tony

in amongst doing work at the inlaws i've nearly got the shed panelled out, a few pieces tomorrow then the suspended ceiling in the warmroom needs fitting.

i'm also still waiting on the 4 lengths of loglap to finish the outside :mad: .

i'll put some pics up when those bits are done.

but on the bright side tonight is forecast clear. :grin:

cant get a good shot from inside but the panelling is complete apart from the suspended ceiling over the warmroom half which i hope to do next weekend. :smiley:

just need a bit of trim fitted around the window,

IMAG1425_zps5d59e075.jpg

and those cables have since been tidied up with some cable ties.

IMAG1420_zps0272cfb2.jpg

and i got one of those red bulkheads from tlc that some on here have used, gives a nice red glow. :laugh:

IMAG1423_zps3045bf85.jpg

nightshift this week so wont be doing much apart from making a start on treating the outside.

and hopefully my remaining 4 pieces of loglap might appear.

the remaining loglap is at the timber merchants at last, will be collecting that on friday so i can finally finish the outside.

facia and pergola treated, its the cuprinol colours 'urban slate', near enough the same colour as the roof rubber, so at least i havent got to worry too much about getting any on it.

the shed itself will be a different colour.

IMAG1426_zps1f745f40.jpg

at last the cladding is finished, just need to colour it now.

IMAG1431_zps06e414bd.jpg

facia and pergola is a dark grey( cuprinol colours 'urban slate') the colour on the left is rich mahogany and on the right is rich teak, placed in front is a piece of hardwood decking which i intend to fit in the corner at some point so i suppose i'm looking for a colour to compliment that.hmmm, decisions decisions :confused:

IMAG1432_zps2e0c0410.jpg

quick update, not had much time on this, well the outside anyway :grin: , but its had one coat of rich teak put on, one to go.

IMAG1443_zps96cd76a5.jpg

IMAG1442_zps89192e8d.jpg

last weekend the ceiling was fitted

IMAG1436_zps8c07632d.jpg

just need to insulate that and fit the ply

IMAG1434_zps85b51599.jpg

after the heavy downpours here friday night i found a couple of small leaks

IMAG1440_zps98bdcfca.jpg

IMAG1441_zps62c571be.jpg

not a massive amount but still needs to be stopped, not quite sure how and where its got in but the timber above is bone dry giving the impression it hasnt run down from above, it just concentrated in those two spots, found a knot had fallen out outside so thats been plugged with silicone, whether thats it i dont know, strange one this as the shed is covered underneath the cladding with a waterproof barrier that remained uncovered for quite a few weeks, and the end that has leaked was uncovered for a further 3 weeks waiting on the remaining pieces of loglap

IMAG1379_zpsad1a2d3e.jpg

have siliconed all four corners before fitting the trim too.

we shall await the next lot of rain, not that i want any.

• Like 1

Tony,

Can you indicate where bout's on the outside of the observatory those leaks are, I'm presuming that it's at the end where you have removed the cladding. Is it at the rear corner ? The reason I say that is because at the front, the cladding overlaps the brick work, making a natural run off, but at the rear by the fence it seems that the wall extends beyond the width of the observatory, so the rear cladding appears to be sitting flush with (or on top of ) the wall at the back. Maybe this is where water is puddling and being wicked up by the wood ?

Tony,

Can you indicate where bout's on the outside of the observatory those leaks are, I'm presuming that it's at the end where you have removed the cladding. Is it at the rear corner ? The reason I say that is because at the front, the cladding overlaps the brick work, making a natural run off, but at the rear by the fence it seems that the wall extends beyond the width of the observatory, so the rear cladding appears to be sitting flush with (or on top of ) the wall at the back. Maybe this is where water is puddling and being wicked up by the wood ?

front left in the pic malc but i found it,i think, on closer inspection i noticed it ever so slightly damp in the top right corner,(top left looking at the front) it appears that the water has run along under the track there and then down inside, and i though it wasnt running down lol.

anyway, roof fully opened and all 3 tracks unscrewed on the shed half and lifted to get a load of silicone under there

this is the centre track

IMAG1444_zps62950ed7.jpg

and dropped back down

IMAG1445_zps6249bdea.jpg

this should i hope prevent anymore getting back along, the other 2 timbers were a bit damp under the track so thats the reason for doing all 3, better safe than sorry.

we'll await the next lot of rain then :grin:

Edited by tony

Very nice building, Tony! Very nice, indeed. Don't you make a slope to the roof? I know you don't have heavy snow there, but you never know!...

doesnt look it but the roof is sloping, and dont get that much snow.

having to put any progress on hold for the time being, been given the news this last week that i'll possibly be out of a job around next may as the company are relocating our part to slovakia :mad: . its not a definate as some will be moved to other areas. in the meantime the overtime is going to get a bit silly as they need to build up stock to have available whilst the transfer takes place.

hoping too i can go back to my old job.

anyway, i have the ceiling insulation to fit and ply and one more latch to the roof but that'll be it, still have a path to lay up to the obs and everything is here for that, just wont be spending anymore on it, at least its usable now i suppose.