Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon EOS cable

Sorry if this is a silly question or been repeated 100 times.

I've got my new Canon 1100D,

Just downloaded Backyard EOS will purchase the full licence later

I have the adaptors to use with the camera and scope.

What cable do I need to control the camera from my laptop?

Will the normal USB one that came with the camera be ok or do I need to make up one to plug into the remote shutter socket on the camera controlled by the serial output of the computer?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

You can buy a USB 10m long with a repeater built in, so there's no data loss, just depends how far away from the Camera the laptop will be.......Amazon have them......My 1100D works very well on one......

You can also buy a 1100D remote control, there cheap they work and there's no need for a Laptop, there on E-Bay or Amazon shop about less than £15

Thanks again.

I've several USB cable installed in my Obsy so hopefully I should have too many issues ( then again it's been ages since I've been in there )

I was looking at the remote shutter controller, I may get one - wouldn't hurt (except my rapidly dwindling funds - don't tell my wife)

Lee

Oh, yes, if you have mains power available it's well worth getting an external power supply. And in fact not just because it will work all the time. It also removes another potential source of noise and heat from the camera.

James

• 6 months later...

... It also removes another potential source of noise and heat from the camera.

James

Sorry about coming late to the party, but how does it remove noise? I think I understand the heat issue as the batteries warm up as they discharge, but where does the noise come from? Is it just the manifestation of the heat?  I would have thought that the mains hum from items such as fridge/freezers, washing machines and basically anything that is switching on the household mains circuit, that this would have far more potential of introducing noise. Or am I confusing myself again?  :undecided:  :icon_scratch:  :undecided:

Archived