Yes, it's another Holmes picture (yawn)

What amp glow, maybe I don't know what amp glow is. Its a cracker

Robin

Amp glow is the red bit creeping over the top edge. Its caused by the camera insides not really being designed for three minute exposures. The amplifier leaks something over the sensor chip, causing the glow at the edge closest to the amplifier.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Well for me it is definitely THE BEST Holmes 17 picture I've seen so far. very very nice, sharp and stunning! Very nice job. I love that hint of tail comming from the botton right part of a "snow ball" :D

This is now my desktop wallpaper KK :D thanks

Marius

What amp glow, maybe I don't know what amp glow is. Its a cracker

Robin

Amp glow is the red bit creeping over the top edge. Its caused by the camera insides not really being designed for three minute exposures. The amplifier leaks something over the sensor chip, causing the glow at the edge closest to the amplifier.

Kaptain Klevtsov

You can cure amp glow with the crop tool :D

I just have to agree with all the positive comments on this one KK. It is a very clean and opulent image of the comet.

It is still an enigma this thing. Like something out of science fiction almost. How helpful would a flyby have been on this fellow hey?.

Ron. :D

Archived