NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 2024 / B33 - Flame and Horsehead Nebulas - 350D- Better Conditions.

jcm

A modded Canon EOS can rival most CCD's on widefield shots IMO. Fantastic shot, just flippin lovely

Matt

Yep , I agree with you Matt. I am tending to use the Atik 16HR with the fainter/smaller deep sky stuff.

John

lovely shot that John, got it just right mate , but given the same exposure time i think the Atik will blow that away mate , watch this space when you try that LRGB ,

I think longer exposures would rival the Atik though, so its worth trying that ,

Very good image thought John

Rog

You make me green with envy. My Black and white version taken with the HX516 just isn't up to the job. Oh well, best get the cheque book out.

Would definately like to see that comparision between the Atik and the 350D. Still un-decided as to what I should buy

Well done

Rob

Would definately like to see that comparision between the Atik and the 350D. Still un-decided as to what I should buy

Well done

Rob

The 350D excels at the wide field nebula's ( particularly when modded ). The Atik is more sensitive but often needs a focal reducer to increase the field of view and of course needs separate (L)RGB images to produce colour. It can though take advantage of using H-alpha / OIII etc narrow band filters.

John

Beautiful image John - lots of detail - some of the ionisation bands starting to show, colour is great and the noise level very low. DSLRs are certainly capable of producing great images but it seems to take a lot of technical proficiency which you've demonstrated with this shot. It's the big chip which is the real bonus.

Archived