Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

10inch SW dob

Daniel-K

today i took delivery of my new scope a 10inch dob,Astrophotography has to take a back seat while get my situation under control so i have sole all my AP gear and back in the DOB mob, first up credit to FLO they delivered it next day and along with the telrad base. very well packed collimation only needed a slight tweak. first thing i noticed was the little handle at the end of the scope nice touch by SW and the paint on the inside seems to be better than on my old 200 DOB. pretty simple to put together about 20mins.the focuser is not bad not as good as the one on the quattro but beggars cant be choosers now. this should last me over summer till i get back on my feet and then i can start thinking about putting a scope back in the OBSY, looks like first light will be tonight but theres a fair bit of haze coming in now which i hope fades over the night but i have a 2inch ND filter i want to try on moon, its been nearly a year since i done any visual work so im looking forward to "A BREAK"

clear skies

Dan

post-6284-0-30210200-1361983513_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-15121400-1361983564_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-65687500-1361983640_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-57644400-1361983665_thumb.jp

thanks rory, how do you rate the Hyperions for dobs?

if only i could answer that for you ! ive not used the aspheric once yet ( although the scope is cooling as i type) and only used the zoom briefly.

my plan was to go minimalistic with e/p's, so one low power e/p and the zoom seemed like a plan,weather it ends up a good plan i cant say as yet.

i do feel the baader hyperions seem rather pricey though, so if it were me i wouldnt go for the fixed hyperions personally.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks rory, how do you rate the Hyperions for dobs?

I have the same scope with a 24mm Hyperion. It is a nice high contrast eyepiece but it is not well corrected. Our scope seems a little fast for it. I am going to be selling mine.

Archived