Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Does anybody else have this problem with Registax?!

emadmoussa

Hola,

To put it bluntly, Registrax never worked on my machine. Takes ages to open a file, another millennium to start with the next step...then just after an hour or so simply stops working..gets stuck I'd say and never ever finishes a task.

Has anybody experienced this before?

Is there an alternative for the software?

Thanks!

IM

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is something very wrong if Registax is that slow. I can stack 128 DSLR frames in R5 or a 1.5Gb .avi in around 2 mins. or less. What sort of computer are you using? I have 8GB memory and an i3 at 3.3Ghz using Win 64bit. Even my old computer is 2.8Ghz and 3GB memory and was not that much slower - even my lappy copes well, maybe double those times (not sure of exact spec).

There is something very wrong if Registax is that slow. I can stack 128 DSLR frames in R5 or a 1.5Gb .avi in around 2 mins. or less. What sort of computer are you using? I have 8GB memory and an i3 at 3.3Ghz using Win 64bit. Even my old computer is 2.8Ghz and 3GB memory and was not that much slower - even my lappy copes well, maybe double those times (not sure of exact spec).

I don't think it's the computer capabilities. Probably something in the computer system. I use a Sony Vaio 2.8 GH / 4GB Ram. I work as a web developer, and I used my laptop to run heavy duty software like Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects ...all together and it seems OK.

I guess you've tried the obvious fix of uninstalling and re-installing? What format/size of files are you loading? It can be a bit sluggish at times (as can AS!2, truth be told), but it's never been as bad as you suggest in my experience, so something is clearly going wrong.

James

I guess you've tried the obvious fix of uninstalling and re-installing? What format/size of files are you loading? It can be a bit sluggish at times (as can AS!2, truth be told), but it's never been as bad as you suggest in my experience, so something is clearly going wrong.

James

Yep, uninstalled, cleared registry and installed...nothing...still the same issue.

I sometimes have that problem, but more recently with the new driver for the ASI camera's.. a 2 min avi @ 320x240 = 38,000 frames and causes it to bork!

How big and how many frames?

Take this video as an example - be free to do whatever with it.

You'll need to edit it drastically in order to get a snippet that you can put to Registax.

There's a definite tracking issue you have there and focus too .

I note a lot of adjustment to keep the object on chip , first port of call is polar-alignment.

I'm afraid to say that Reg would have trouble with that on any m/c.

P.S. You'll have to use "Dropbox" or similar in order for us to access the AVI to play with , can't download from YT I suspect.

You'll need to edit it drastically in order to get a snippet that you can put to Registax.

There's a definite tracking issue you have there and focus too .

I note a lot of adjustment to keep the object on chip , first port of call is polar-alignment.

I'm afraid to say that Reg would have trouble with that on any m/c.

Yep, aware of that. I was just testing the Xbox webcam, without tracking - didn't have a motor or an EOS 1100D then. Waiting for the next clear spill to test tracking.

But your original question was regarding why Registax wouldn't process your avi . . . :rolleyes:

Indeed, simply it doesn't work at all. Doesn't it go beyond uploading the file (of course after like 15 minutes of waiting) ...won't let me click anything and then gets stuck. So you reckon the crappy video has something to do with it? I know how bad the video is, but as a software it should at least try to do something, shouldn't it?!

It won't work miracles unfortunately , it can cope with a certain amount of movement but not that much.

If you edit the avi in VirtualDub and isolate a section that is reasonably sharp and stable you may get some sort of result.

Can you put the avi into "Dropbox" so that we can download it and play with it ?

Not to be rude, but if my name had Regi anywhere in it , I would not attempt anything with the vid , there is not one particular parts of the video that has some kind o f sustained framing or focus and its not a good idea to try and alter brightness, contrast , focus and framing in such a short vid all at the same time

Scrap it and start again, Find Focus Frame Film

It won't work miracles unfortunately , it can cope with a certain amount of movement but not that much.

If you edit the avi in VirtualDub and isolate a section that is reasonably sharp and stable you may get some sort of result.

Can you put the avi into "Dropbox" so that we can download it and play with it ?

Hi Steve, It'll be great if you play with it. Unfortunately, I tried to upload it onto Dropbox, but it seems to generate an error. I guess by changing my machine registry settings I caused a problem. You can download it from youtube through this online service http://catchvideo.net/.

Not to be rude, but if my name had Regi anywhere in it , I would not attempt anything with the vid , there is not one particular parts of the video that has some kind o f sustained framing or focus and its not a good idea to try and alter brightness, contrast , focus and framing in such a short vid all at the same time

Scrap it and start again, Find Focus Frame Film

No worries - I already explained what the problem was - not about the video itself. I tried other normal videos...nothing worked, won't even do anything before freezing completely.

Archived