SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Glatter Products Finally In The UK!

Damo636

In response to a question I asked on Cloudy Nights earlier, Howie Glatter informed me that the first shipment of his products are soon to be en route to the UK, and that FLO are to be his UK outlet :headbang:

Yet another "must have" astro goodie :grin:

In Hindsight, maybe it wasn't my place to announce this, sorry guys if I jumped the gun :embarassed:

Great news though!

You can put me down for a 2" laser to start with, & depending on how good a humor the wifes in, maybe the Tublug :grin:

The collimaters devises look interesting as for the 5 milliwatt green laser pointer I have had one for about 3 year that I purchased in London and it works well

but I would say is don't take them to star partys as the light goes across the camera and distroy astro photography , I think that laser pointer should not be sold to anyone under the age of 18 years old they are dangerous in the wrong hands

The collimaters devises look interesting as for the 5 milliwatt green laser pointer I have had one for about 3 year that I purchased in London and it works well

but I would say is don't take them to star partys as the light goes across the camera and distroy astro photography , I think that laser pointer should not be sold to anyone under the age of 18 years old they are dangerous in the wrong hands

I don't think this is a major issue with laser collimators to be fair as you only turn them on when they are inserted in the focuser drawtube. The laser beam stays strictly within the optical system of the scope.

In Hindsight, maybe it wasn't my place to announce this, sorry guys if I jumped the gun :embarassed:

Great news though!

No problem, I had also mentioned it only a day or so earlier :smiley:

You can put me down for a 2" laser to start with, & depending on how good a humor the wifes in, maybe the Tublug :grin:

Will do.

I don't think this is a major issue with laser collimators to be fair as you only turn them on when they are inserted in the focuser drawtube. The laser beam stays strictly within the optical system of the scope.

I agree. A laser collimator has around the same strength as a red laser pointer torch, the type used to project a dot of light on the screen at presentations. You should be cautious when using any laser but I don't think I have ever heard of anyone being injured by a laser collimator.

The high power green lasers typically sold at online auction sites are different, they can be dangerous and should be avoided!

HTH,

Steve

Green laser pointer threads tend to heat up quickly between those who think they should be banned versus those who advocate their use -- kind of like gun control discussion these days down here in the USA ;)

It is not the tool that is dangerous but rather the irresponsible person behind it.

I never heard of any responsible amateur astronomer abusing the use of a green laser collimator.

Jason

Archived