NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Starwalk

Marcreilly87

Is it the iOS version for the iPad? I haven't used it on the iPad but I have used it on the iPhone which was the free version, I enjoyed it and it was the app I used the most, looks very professional and lots of information when you select a desired object. Looking at reviews on the internet, me thinks it could be worth the £1.99. It looks similar to Stellarium.

Have a look at some free ones first, there is some very well produced free astronomy apps out there.

Rob.

I use it on my phone and iPad, brilliant app. Some great features like telrad circles and you can adjust the visible stars to match your sky. I keep meaning to email them and ask if they can add a telescope and eyepiece comparison to it.

i find it much more user friendly than the alternatives. Well worth the 2 quid it costs.

I have it and considered deleting it. I have the skysafari plus and maybe it's me, but the star walk feels like a toy beside it. In terms of functionality it's not as good and in one or two functions the night vision setting goes and you're blinded then. Someone said earlier and I'd agree, it's probably very good for outreach. It's neat for messing around indoors but was pretty disappointed in the field, so to speak.

To be honest I'd put the skysafari (ordinary, free) above it, but the database in the plus version is truly excellent. I suppose it depends what you're using it for.

Barry

I have used Starwalk on the iPad and as Barry has said it is alright but not a patch on SkySafari.

I have the Pro version which I brought when it was on special offer. Great app and now my main planitarium app when I am out observing.

I love the feature that allows you to build observing lists and save and share them.

Its the only one i use. Got it when it first came out in 2010. Tried all the others free and paid and seem to always use this.

Only one of two things that I've put on my phone and never taken off.

The other thing is Metallica's Black Album.

Its the only one i use. Got it when it first came out in 2010. Tried all the others free and paid and seem to always use this.

Only one of two things that I've put on my phone and never taken off.

The other thing is Metallica's Black Album.

Good choice :-)

• 10 months later...

Starwalk app is now available for Android. I'm going to buy this as I want to compare it too the mobile observatory app,I already have. It's going to take some beating.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks for heads up. Last time I looked for it it wasn't available for Android. Just bought it now to add to my ever growing collection of astro apps:)

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Yes. This one is a favourite (definitally pay fornthe good version). Very easy to navigate. A bit dubious on some of the fine detail. But it is only a couple of pounds.

Has got me through the first 3 months with my new (first) scope. Although I am now using Stelarium and Observer Pro more now that I am starting to get to know the sky a bit better. Won't be deleting it any time soon.

Paul

Archived