Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clear skies!

Nick82

It's lovely and clear here in Southampton just looked out and the Moon and Jupiter are look good, but I'm stuck indoors with a high temperature I think it's man flu and feeling like s.... oh well there's always next time.

Sent on my slate

It's clear here but hazy, it was also clear last night too before the fog rolled in. It is the first time in 2013 I can say that.

I need to collimate my scope, have some study to do, dinner and all that so maybe I'll just have a look with some bins later on if it stays clearish.

BBC weather says clear skies but all I can see are the Moon and Jupiter.

There's a very pretty ring around the moon, if you're into that sort of thing. I'm not. I want clear to mean clear.

Thinking of emigrating to Spain :mad:

Might clear up soon????

it may but i dont see how they can keep getting the forcast so wrong on a daily basis.ive wasted over £100 in fuel over the last month going to dark sites with forcasts of clear skies all night and turning up to nothing but cloud.if i were this bad at my job i wouldnt be in work right now

I always look at sat24.com ... they have a 2 hour cloud animation of europe... click on the sat photo and it animates...you can see it all swirling in!

You can get a good idea of what is going to happen for an hour or so ahead.

Looks like cloud moving in from the east tonight.

I always look at sat24.com ... they have a 2 hour cloud animation of europe... click on the sat photo and it animates...you can see it all swirling in!

You can get a good idea of what is going to happen for an hour or so ahead.

Looks like cloud moving in from the east tonight.

It looks like there might be much clearer air coming in behind it - might coincide with Saturn rising later on!?

well had a while in the garden but A combination of patchy mist and the moonlight meant viewing was a little restricted. Still managed to view quite a few different DSO's as well as a cracking view of Jupiter's GRS. Orion nebula not very clear due to the moon lp but decent views of double cluster.

Not a bad night all in all and at least the goto behaved tonight, must have been the power pack.

It's been clear here for the last three nights in a row, had the 220mm refractor out early evening and had a respectable view of the Moon at 900X as an experiment. :smiley:

Haha. It's clear in Ludd foot, clear in Tod and misty here in the middle! Looks to be clearing though!

Archived