NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter GRS Feb 16th

Space Cowboy

First shot at the GRS for 2 months and with Jupiter being much smaller I was not expecting too much. Thanks to the cloud appearing 5 mins after setting up that's what I got lol. Seeing was very wobbly.

PIPP>AS!2 1,5x Drizzle>Image Analyser. f26.

85% scale :

18-22pm

gallery_4016_230_44619.png

Thanks for your kind comments guys! I actually managed 3 avis but each one was cut short by the cloud. The seeing did improve slightly by the last avi and I've done a larger repro using higher de-noise settings in Registax wavelets. This is 1.5x drizzle then 125% upscale.

Yelsac I wish I could explain how drizzle works but alas I'm not that educated on the mechanics of it. All I can say is the wavelets used on a drizzle image produce a less severe result which in good seeing can look more natural and subtle though in poorer seeing can produce a noisy under sampled shot.

gallery_4016_230_92242.png

Yelsac I wish I could explain how drizzle works but alas I'm not that educated on the mechanics of it. All I can say is the wavelets used on a drizzle image produce a less severe result which in good seeing can look more natural and subtle though in poorer seeing can produce a noisy under sampled shot.

Olly P provided or linked to an explanation of drizzle when I asked about it at one point, I'm sure. I'll see if I can find the posting.

James

Archived