NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Takmen collaborate.

ollypenrice

Hi All,

This is a collaboration between Damian (Takman) and myself. Damian donated an HaS11 Cannistra-method synthetic colour version which was very close to the RGB I obtained. My image was HaRGB with an hour per colour and three hours Ha. If my sums are right that comes to 11.3 hours altogether. The stretched images were aligned and resized to fit together in Registar and simply blended 50-50 in PsCS3. The combined image was then placed over the original RGB and the full RGB star colour allowed through.

The additional data depth made it possible to stretch harder and push the local contrasts very hard. (Too hard?) This all worked because Damian had done such an extraordinarily good job of synthesizing natural colour from narrowband. I've never ever seen better synthetic colour.

California%2C%20Damian%20and%20Olly-X2.jpg

Damian and Olly (Not only a Tak but a Derbyshire partnership, no less...)

For the ignorant, Olly, give us a clue as to the target?

James

A clue? Ok, here are some lyrics from a sixties comedy series!!

This here's the story 'bout a man named Jed

A poor country fella barely kept his family fed

When out one day he's a shootin' for his food

And up from the ground comes a bubblin' crude...

Oil that is!

Black gold!

Texas Tea!

The kin folks said, Jed move away from there

They said California's the place you oughtta be

So they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverleeee

Hills that is!

Swimmin pools!

Movie Stars!

Ta dee deedle dee deedle deedle deedle dee!

Yikes, the stuff an old brain is filled with... Can't remember my own phone number though.

Olly

Terrific Olly...!

Actually a 'Staffordshire' partnership though - very close to the Derbyshire border!

Just to confirm my 'humble contribution' of:

23x 600sec subs Ha

6x 900sec subs SII

I think I'll stick to Ha and farm the rest off to others now! (Won't tell the wife that I needn't have purchased those RGB filters though!!!!)

Damian

Archived